[tex-live] Comment on Re: TeXLive-CD/DVD (Installation)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed May 23 20:35:12 CEST 2007

David Kastrup wrote:
> So even if the application itself does not contain special file names,
> absolute file names on Unix systems during the installation tend to be
> non-special, and on Windows tend to be special.

just as names and paths under msdos 'tend' to have no spaces ... but
times change

paths can start with periods, contain plusses and minusses so there is
much more to worry about than spaces

to me names like "libstdc++-devel" and ".something" and "jome/Documents"
(some start with capital some not) looks weird too

so 'special' is a matter of taste and its user demand and marketing who
finaly steer things ... instead of qualifying operating systems we
should qualify users (and usage) and adapt to that

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE