[tex-live] makempx temp shell script packaged into texlive-metapost

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat May 19 19:59:25 CEST 2007

On Sam, 19 Mai 2007, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
>   /usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file /usr/bin/.libs/12630-lt-makempx:
>   No such file or directory

Funny, that you sent this after me building/testing one day long new
texlive-bin packages with new poppler patch.

And alas, there is the bug, I have the very same problem.

At least I haven't uploaded this already.

Thanks a lot.

> I think the fix is this one-line change (for metapost upstream, texlive
> upstream, and the Debian and Ubuntu texlive-bin src package):

Will do this.

> Norbert's Debian packages don't expose this problem, nor (I think) does
> a vanilla texlive install.  Since the Debian src package is almost
> identical to the Ubuntu package, why does the Ubuntu texlive-bin src
> package (version 2007-7ubuntu1) have the problem?  That question puzzled
> me for a while.

Also me ...

> -	--without-install-extra
> +	--without-install-extra --enable-shared

Ahh, but now we also have this.

Well big thanks a lot for tracking this down for us!

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena