[tex-live] TeXLive2007: Bug in (Xe)TeX for 64bit and big endianess

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Wed May 9 12:12:54 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> From the past posts on this topic, I am led to believe that there are
> already two incompatible releases of poppler, right now. To me, it does
> not appear that poppler is improving the multiple-version situation any.

This sounds polemic to me, or do you really not know what library
sonames are?  They are a quite nice way to make the handling of
different versions easier.  Much easier than digging through code in
order to find the difference between 2.01p and 2.2 or so and adapt a
patch.

> Anyway, that is your choice. I assume pdftex reports the poppler version
> that is used in the output of pdftex --version, as well as a location
> for poppler-related bug reports (i.e. *not* the pdftex list).

No, it doesn't report the poppler version, because there are easy ways
to find this out if it's interesting, just that it *is* linked to
poppler.  Bugs in Debian binaries should be reported to the Debian BTS
in any case, but we could add a more prominent note.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)