[tex-live] TeXLive2007: Bug in (Xe)TeX for 64bit and big endianess

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 8 19:23:44 CEST 2007

Is there some technical advantage of poppler?  A priori, why wouldn't
you expect just as many security problems in poppler as xpdf?  My
experience is that the xpdf author is very responsive, so I am surprised
to hear of you not wanting to use it.

Not that I'm opposed to supporting both, of course, just seem like a
priority IMHO.

Of course, the question of using the system version is independent of what is used.
You'll have to compile your own and avoid the static linking
which we absolutely do want for the distributed TL binaries.