[tex-live] man pages for pdftools, dvips, etc. use unportable troff syntax

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 8 18:01:57 CEST 2007

>> pdftools.1:2: error: end of file while defining macro `UR'

All the 'UR' problems are all my doing when I added to (or wrote from
scratch) the offending man pages.

What is the best fix?

1. Rename to .UR.  But that will conflict with the new groff's .UR.

2. Rename to .Ur.  Seems safer though slightly confusing because it's
   the same as .UR except for case.  On the other hand, troff is
   cryptic as hell to start with so no one may notice it.

3. Invent a new macro name, perhaps .UI (short for URI)?

-Sanjoy

`Not all those who wander are lost.' (J.R.R. Tolkien)