[tex-live] [MetaPost] truncated map file

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Mon May 7 23:04:09 CEST 2007

Mojca Miklavec schrieb:
> With the example you posted and using mptopdf (because mpost alone
> doesn't work here) I get:
>
> mojca [21:54] /tmp> mptopdf a
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.1 (Web2C 7.5.6)
>  \write18 enabled.
> entering extended mode
> [MP to PDF] (./a.1
>
> pdfTeX warning: pdftex (file pdftex.map): cannot open font map file

I think the wrong map file was given here.  By default, MetaPost
searches for mpost.map.  If that fails as an exclusive TeXLive support
it looks for pdftex.map as a fall back.  Unfortunately, I have no idea
what's the correct name in your set-up.  Could you please post the
console output with the correct map file?

> With gwTeX I get:
>
> [MP to PDF] (./a.1{/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.
> map}) [warning: the width is less than 1in]

Thanks!  I'm quite sure now there's a bug in the MiKTeX sources.

> With standalone ConTeXt & -mem=metafun option I get
>
> mojca [21:58] /tmp> mpost -mem=metafun a
> This is MetaPost, Version 0.993 (Web2C 7.5.6)
> (a.mp
> Warning: module writet1 (file pdftex_dl14.map): cannot open font map file

Again the map file could not be found.  For the sake of completeness,
could you please re-check with the correct map file?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig