[tex-live] fmtutil-sys not playing nice. (OpenBSD-sparc64)

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 04:44:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 5/6/07, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:
> 2007/5/6, Edd Barrett <vext01 at gmail.com>:
> > Is xetex needed? I think most users only use latex and pdflatex.
>
> Yes. It's the main advance of TL2007. But as I said: Concentrate on
> getting it working without xetex first, if xetex gives you troubles.
> Making xetex work later shouldn't be difficult.
>
> Best
>    Martin

Just so I understand this,

xetex is a unicode supported version of latex with some extra font bits also?

I will try as you say without xetex first. I was hoping to have some
results by now, but alas my sparc64 box is slow. I stayed up hoping to
see it finish, but now its 3.45am and I am feeling need to sleep.

I'll get back to you soon.

--
Best Regards

Edd