[tex-live] [Cjk] Chinese TrueType, dvipdfm_dl14.map, dvipdfmx

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 30 23:18:35 CEST 2007

    So, I manually delete those
    "<bkai00mp.ttf" in dvipdfm_dl14.map

I don't understand.  If you delete <fontname.ttf, then how can dvipdfmx
know what font to include?

The lprr8v line in dvipdfm_dl14.map on my system does have <pala.ttf.

    I think the best solution is to have updmap-sys to generate a correct
    dvipdfm_dl14.map regarding the Chinese truetype font.

Certainly true.  Can you send me the actual map file which works, and
the actual map file which doesn't work?  Otherwise it's difficult to say
what change is needed.  Of course, a patch to updmap would be even
better :).

Thanks,
Karl

P.S. I also don't exactly understand why the lprr entries are in the map
files at all, but that's another matter.

P.P.S. I really wish all the programs could get together on one map file
syntax, but that's another matter too.