[tex-live] Bug in TexLive 2005 and 2007? Non-writable aux-file

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 16 01:51:41 CET 2007

Regarding the filename loop.

Since the simplest solution of aborting the job when RET is pressed does
not appeal to Taco and Hans, my suggestion is to apply Heiko's other
patch, so that it will retry with the exact name.  At least that will
avoid the reported bug of overwriting the input file, which seems pretty
important.  We could debate forever about ideal behavior.  Let's not.

Personally, I think it would also be very nice if CTRL-C in response to
enter a filename prompt did something other than retrying a file, but
(depressingly) I'm not prepared to implement it (again).