[tex-live] Bug in TexLive 2005 and 2007? Non-writable aux-file

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Mar 7 15:40:24 CET 2007

Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

>> in part because the user may need a
>> couple attempts to fix a permission problem (e.g., when both file and
>> directory permissions prevent writing or they end up as user "nobody"
>> on some NFS mount).
>
> Either the problem is trivial, then one shot is enough, or
> the problem is more complicate,

I can't agree, Heiko : it may well take more than
one attempt to rectify the problem, and I would
like <Return> to signify "Try again, with original
filename" ad infinitum.  Of course, a non-<Return>
answer such as Ctrl-C, Crtl-D, Ctrl-Y, Ctrl-Z,
<Break> must remain available and should force
loop exit with an error.

** Phil.