[tex-live] TL2007 (win2k) problem with LH fonts

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Tue Mar 6 22:56:40 CET 2007

Hi Vladimir,

>  AK> in the file texmf.cnf, and change them as follows
>
>  AK> % MKTEXTEX = 0 MKTEXPK = 1 MKTEXMF = 1 MKTEXTFM = 1 MKTEXFMT = 1
>  AK> % MKOCP = 0 % MKOFM = 0
>
> these variables seem to be specific to the "TeX Live for Windows" port?
> they aren't used and don't have any effect on unix, right? why are
> they used on windows?  (it seems that the default should be always to
> call mktex{pk,mf,tfm,fmt} on all platforms)

They are "used" in all platforms:

init_maketex() in tex-file.c

string PROG = uppercasify (prog); /* prog is the program name */
string progval = kpse_var_value(PROG);
  if (progval && *progval) {
    /* This might actually be from an environment variable value, but in
       that case, we'll have previously set it from kpse_init_prog.  */
    kpse_set_program_enabled (fmt, *progval == '1', kpse_src_client_cnf);
  }

Of course, each application (e.g., dvips) can enable mktex*
by kpse_init_prog() by default.

I don't remember I had made any change for TeX programs
for this problem. So I cannot understand the difference
between Unix and Windows.

But if there is a difference between Unix and Windows,
I think I had touched somewhere.

Please choose default values in the texmf.cnf for
Windows as follows from now on:

MKTEXPK = 1
MKTEXMF = 1
MKTEXTFM = 1