[tex-live] TeXLive for Windows, sigh!

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Mar 4 10:32:58 CET 2007

On 4 Mar 2007, at 1:02 am, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> "TeXLive for Windows" has:
>
> texlive2005
> texlive2005/texmf-local
> texlive2007
> texlive2007/texmf-local

I'm puzzled by this. I have never installed TL2005/Windows, but I did
recently install TL2007 on a Windows machine to test some things. The
(default) installation gave me c:\texmf-local (an empty "skeleton"
directory structure) at the root, *not* within the texlive2007
directory. Admittedly, I installed from the "inst" CD rather than the
"live" DVD, and this was a few days before the release was actually
declared final, but I'd be very surprised if this setup changed in
those last couple of days.

In addition, I know that my basic instructions to a couple of
complete newcomers, which were based on the assumption that texmf-
local would be placed at the root, have worked fine for them.

JK