[tex-live] hosting inst image

Bruno Piguet bpiguet at teaser.fr
Fri Mar 2 08:51:57 CET 2007

Reinhard Kotucha wrote :

>   > I have 14% (177 Mb)
>
> after 4 hours, sigh!

    Not exactly.
    The estimation was : 4 hours left for the remaining 86%. The actual
total time was about 6 hours.

   If I understand well, tonight, the file was downloaded once (or a
very few times) from the location defined by Philip in the torrent
(ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/TC2007/ ?), and redistributed among
the 8 "leechers". That's a significant saving of bandwith for the
original site, and proves that it works, for that matter (even if,
personnally, may have gotten the file more rapidly by a direct FTP
download).

    If you want it to become a real solution, you need more people
joining in, and keeping their client active, even once they have
received the file. That's why I mentionned "spreading the word".

Bruno.