[tex-live] Inclusion of large eps files with dvipdfm

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Mon Jun 25 03:02:37 CEST 2007

Hi Hartmut,

> please see the examples above. Dvipdfmx produces an embedded PDF image
> whose negative parts are not cropped as in dvipdfm. The problematic
> effect with xx-dvipdfm.pdf can be seen e. g. with xpdf when continuously
> zooming in and out.

This is because dvipdfmx didn't use Ghostscript and dvipdfm did use
Ghostscript to include xx-1.eps. If you apply my previous patch
for mpost.c for dvipdfm, dvipdfm also includes MetaPost-made xx-1.eps
directly and negative values are correctly treated.

Conversely, if you erase the line
%%Creator: MetaPost 1.000
in xx-1.eps, dvipdfmx also uses Ghostscript and produces
an incorrect pdf.

Best regards,
Akira