[tex-live] xelatex on OpenBSD sparc64 - Bus Error

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sat Jun 23 22:46:30 CEST 2007

On 23 Jun 2007, at 7:32 pm, Edd Barrett wrote:

> Hi Reinhard,
>
> On 23/06/07, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
>>   http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/latin-modern
>
> Great! Thanks for that.
>
> I'm now stuck at the stage where I do not know the name of the font to
> specify. I have been googling a good half hour now! Is there a way to
> find this out. As much as I love 'strings', its not ideal :P

If you've installed the font where fontconfig (and therefore xetex)
can find it, you can run fc-list and look at the output (filter
through sort, grep, etc to find what you want).

Or if you're running a desktop such as Gnome, it probably has a way
to examine fonts; on my Ubuntu machine I can right-click a font file
and "open with GNOME Font Viewer". Or you can look at the font menu/
dialog of a typical GUI application; xetex will generally recognize
the same names.

Or you can try guessing! :-) In many cases, an "obvious" font name
will work. Unfortunately, that's not true with Latin Modern, though,
because of how the multitude of faces are organized. (A topic for
further discussion, some time in the future.)

JK