[tex-live] Inclusion of large eps files with dvipdfm

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Sat Jun 23 02:50:18 CEST 2007

>     >> >   -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=500000 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=500000
>
> Akira, does this sound like a good solution to you?
> (It seems ok to me.)
>
>     I'm not sure whether we need even more "0"s,
>
> If I'm doing my arithmetic right, 500,000 points is more than 150
> yards/meters.  I find it hard to picture anyone needing anything bigger :).

I think it sounds good. But anyway, eps inclusion in dvipdfm(x)
"through Ghostscript" has a limitation at present that
"negative values for BoundingBox are not treated correctly".
In such a case, I first change eps to pdf by epstopdf.
eps by MetaPost with negative values for BoundingBox
is correctly included by dvipdfmx.

Best regards,
Akira