[tex-live] TeX Live on NetBSD: first steps

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jun 16 02:06:21 CEST 2007

    Except for the `bin/i386-linux/' directory and some
    `bin-*.i386-linux' files in `texmf/lists/' both installations were
    identical.

Interesting.  Sorry for the wrong suggestion.

    Hmm, but these files are there:

Just to follow up on Reinhard's mail, does
kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMFMAIN report the right directory?

I suspect the fmtutil.cnf error is due to the tcfmgr.map error.

    Preparing destination directories... done preparing.
    test: 1: unexpected operator

I think this change to line 416 (or so) of common.sh will fix it:
-  if test $all_systems_ns = 1; then
+  if test "$all_systems_ns" = 1; then

I think Reinhard covered the rest ...

Best,