[tex-live] comma versus colon in texmf.cnf

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 14 21:58:58 CEST 2007

Hi David,

    That way scripts adding material to environment variables will even
    work when they are using a different convention from the one used
    already in the environment variable.

I see your logic, but it's not something I can make a priority to
implement myself.  A patch would be welcome.

    With the sole exception that a colon preceded by a just a _single_
    letter is considered part of the drive name.

On Unix, IMHO it would be necessary to check if the directory exists,
e.g.,
TEXINPUTS=c:

should first check if a directory named `c' exists, and if so, proceed
as usual ...