[tex-live] texdoc under windows

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Sun Jun 10 16:00:31 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>>
>> b) kpse* in luatex?
>
> I was going to say 'the reference manual' but I have done stuff in
> the past weeks that is not in the manual yet. Because there are
> only a few functions involved, here is the relevant documentation
> (most have a 1-to-1 relationship  with the kpathsea C functions):

Thank you, I think that'll be enough for me.

> "var" = kpse.expand_var("varname")
>  * expand a texmf variable (== kpsewhich --expand-var)
>
> "path" = kpse.expand_path("path")
>  * expand a search path (== kpsewhich --expand-path)
>
> "variable" = kpse.expand_braces("variable")
>  * expand a braced set (== kpsewhich --expand-braces)
[...]
> If this is not good enough, let me know. Adding an interface to other
> existing kpathsea functionality takes no more than a few minutes.

Probably I would need the analog of kpsewhich --var-value, too:

- As long as "--all" does not work for kpsew.find_file (I guess that's
  not a problem of kpsewhich, but of the library) I need to iterate over
  the trees in TEXDOCS.

- I probably need to get the values of TEXDOCSUFFIX or TEXDOCEXT from
  texmf.cnf, at least that is what texdoc currently does.  I was also
  thinking about allowing viewer commands to be customized in texmf.cnf
  - they are already different on OSX and will be even more different on
  WinXX - but I'm not sure whether this is a good idea.

TIA, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)