[tex-live] 51232 re: Hidden treasures in TeXLive

Richard HARDWICK rch at skynet.be
Fri Jun 8 17:55:14 CEST 2007

                                   Bruxelles, le 08-06-2007
                                   notre ref RCH/0051232 51232 50290

    à l'attention de Sebastian  Rahtz
    tex-live at tug.org

    objet : - 51232 re: Hidden treasures in TeXLive

Dear Sebastian Rahtz

    I have been vaguely aware that there are lots of
    interesting files sitting on my hard disk. No problem
    for jpgs and gifs etc - my filemanager can show them as
    thumbnails. But it cant do this for pdfs.

    So I just hacked a perl script that runs through the pdfs
    and spits out an html page, with thumbnails as clicky
    links to each pdf.

    And I immediately found lots and lots of hidden treasures
    sitting in my directory TeXLive2005.
    For which I thank you.

    This is a purely private enterprise - the html layout is
    not good, and my perl script is not fit for public
    viewing - but I would like to suggest that your users
    would be grateful for something like this in the next
    edition of TeXLive

    Demo at foot of this email

    Meilleures salutations
    Richard Hardwick

   .   BRUXELLES .   BELGIQUE   EUROPE   EMAIL RCH at SKYNET.BE .
    Demo -
    compare this
        c:\texlive2005\texmf-dist\doc\latex\base\modguide.pdf
        c:\texlive2005\texmf-dist\doc\latex\base\usrguide.pdf
        c:\texlive2005\texmf-dist\doc\latex\booktabs\booktabs.pdf
        c:\texlive2005\texmf-doc\doc\english\pstricks-tutorial\chap1.pdf
        c:\texlive2005\texmf-doc\doc\english\type1fonts\fontinstallationguide.pdf
        c:\texlive2005\texmf\doc\dvipdfm\transistor.pdf
    with this
    http://users.skynet.be/watermael/demo/texlive.html

----- End of Original Message -----