[tex-live] New infrastructure: Question and patch

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jul 26 01:19:37 CEST 2007

Karl Berry writes:

 > [...] but I'll take a look when I have a chance.

Maybe it makes sense to have a TODO file (a simple text file) in the
svn repository.  Bug reports and patches can be added there if they
can't be fixed/applied immediately.

I suppose that everyone involved in TeXLive development maintains his
own TODO list somehow.  But I'm sure that it's better to have such a
file in the repository.

If someone reports a bug, the email message can be appended to the file.
If someone fixes the bug, he simply removes the message from the file.

Sounds like extra work at the first glance.  But maintaining private
TeXLive-TODO files is also extra work, and much less efficient.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25