[tex-live] pdftex 1.40.4

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jul 23 00:48:57 CEST 2007

    Deleting the empty looking last line in vi was enough to get things
    going

I removed that empty-looking last line.

    but the underlying problem is in fontmap.c

I'll have to look at that later.  A patch would be welcome :).

    texfonts.map is missed by the "pdftex -recorder" option.

I think we need to add

if (kpse_record_input)
  kpse_record_input (*filenames);

to the loop in read_all_maps in kpathsea/fontmap.c, but I can't test it
right now.  If one of you has a chance to do that, that would be great.

    Surprisingly, kpathsea loads all the texfonts.map files,

I can see how that would be surprising, but it's been a documented
feature since the beginning.  I don't think we should change it now.

Thanks,
Karl