[tex-live] hebrew support

Dima Sorkin dsorkin at techunix.technion.ac.il
Fri Jul 20 12:59:16 CEST 2007

Hi.

Quoting Jonathan Kew:
> One option you might consider is to use XeTeX, which directly
> supports Unicode
I've looked at it's documentation and a bit, and it seems exactly what I need.
I will try it, and if it will work for me - switch to it completely.

What about my 2nd original question about the fact that with tetex's
pdflatex and ps2pdf and xdvi and kdvi crash when 8859-8 encoded hebrew
text is longer than two pages ? Somebody observed this in his docs ?

I didn't install tex-live yet,
but had somebody tested it's stability with hebrew files ?

Thank you.
Regards,
 Dima.

P.S.
  Please CC me on answers, I'm not in the list.