[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Sun Jul 22 11:18:45 CEST 2007

> Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org> wrote:
>
> > Definitely works for me, Frank.  Attached is the
> > file against which I tested, and the incantation
> > was :
> >
> > 	Start /wait FILELOAD[1].pdf
> >
> > which then sat there until I closed Adobe Acrobat.
>
> Ah, great (and sorry for the late answer.
>
> Would then
>
> (start /wait FILELOAD.pdf; echo $PATH) &
>
> return at once, but echo PATH later when Acrobat is closed?

Shell for Windows (cmd.exe) is considerably different from sh:
1. command separator is not ';' but '&'.
2. () does not mean subshell.
3. & does not mean background job.
... ...

tests

(1) start FILELOAD.pdf & echo %PATH%
    returns at once, and shows %PATH% at once

(2) start /wait FILELOAD.pdf & echo %PATH%
    does not return untill Acrobat reader is closed.
    %PATH% is shown later when Reader is closed.

I can't at present realize
"return at once, but echo PATH later when Acrobat is closed"

Best regards,
Akira