[tex-live] Better ways to find packages and documentation

Florent Rougon f.rougon at free.fr
Wed Jul 4 14:16:27 CEST 2007

Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>> Where is the authoritative source for the Catalogue?
>
> the authoritative source is dante (sarovar is sooooo slow).

Well, great to hear that, but is there any way for the general public to
access this authoritative source? Such as SVN anonymous access? I didn't
find such a way. On

  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-tetex-commits/2006-October/001164.html

there is the mention of

  svn://comedy.dante.de/home/ctan/texcatalogue_svn

but

  % svn co svn://comedy.dante.de/home/ctan/texcatalogue_svn
  svn: Can't connect to host 'comedy.dante.de': Connection timed out

and even (desperately trying):

  % svn co svn://dante.ctan.org/home/ctan/texcatalogue_svn
  svn: Can't connect to host 'dante.ctan.org': Connection timed out

So?...

>  however, sarovar is supposed to be kept up to date -- obviously the
> procedure is regularly falling over... i'll see what can be done to
> sort this out.

Thanks.

--
Florent