[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

Florent Rougon f.rougon at free.fr
Mon Jul 2 13:18:36 CEST 2007

Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> You forgot the majority of PDF viewers:
> * acroread

<nitpick>
I didn't forget acroread, because Reinhard asked "which tools does
*Debian* provide to deal with them?" (emphasis is mine), and Debian does
not provide acroread---heck, it cannot even ship it legally in non-free
anymore.
</nitpick>

> Reinhard has my full agreement. Externally compressed PDF files
> will cause lots of trouble and annoyment for the users.

[...]

> I would rather give up externally compressed PDF files and
> switch to PDF 1.5 with compressed object streams instead.

Agreed. I'm not considering externally compressing PDF files anymore.

Regards,

--
Florent