[tex-live] builing new images with new tlpmgui?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jan 31 17:03:48 CET 2007

On 31 Jan 2007, at 3:42 pm, David Kastrup wrote:

> Staszek Wawrykiewicz <staw at gust.org.pl> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Norbert Preining wrote:
>>
>>> Please delete the reference of ifxetex in collection-
>>> genericrecommended
>>> if you add it to collection-xetex.
>>
>> Sure :-) I moved ifxetex from col.genericrecommended to col.-xetex
>> and also added collection-xetex to scheme-gust
>>
>>> If you have done all this let me know and I rebuild images ...
>>
>> Done #3837
>
> Uh, does this even make sense?  The ifxetex package will be used when
> it is _not_ clear whether or not something is compiled using xetex.
> So it should not be in xetex-specific search paths, and it does not
> really make sense to only install it when indeed xetex is installed.

Hmm. Fair point. But col-genericrecommended was apparently not being
included in most schemes, including the default "medium". OTOH, col-
xetex is included; and it in turn includes packages such as fontspec
that call for ifxetex. I'll hazard a guess that there are not yet
many (or any) files outside of the xetex-related packages that
require ifxetex, though this may change over time.

Maybe ifxetex should be somewhere "more basic", to be really safe; I
don't know. But for right now, I think the main requirement is that
it is included alongside the xetex-related packages (in col-xetex)
that use it.

JK