[tex-live] builing new images with new tlpmgui?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jan 31 17:02:16 CET 2007

Hi David!

On Mit, 31 Jan 2007, David Kastrup wrote:
> Uh, does this even make sense?  The ifxetex package will be used when
> it is _not_ clear whether or not something is compiled using xetex.
> So it should not be in xetex-specific search paths, and it does not
> really make sense to only install it when indeed xetex is installed.

I see the point, but what would be the correct place? We have ifpdf.sty
in collection-latexrecommended which is also bad in the sense that it
can be used in generic tex documents as well.

I thought that it might make sense in:
- collection-xetex
	because it is only used there
- collection-base
	because it can be used in all the packages to check it

Maybe in fact both ifpdf.sty and ifxetex.sty should be moved to
collection-base ...

Jonathan, what is your opinion? As main xetex guru I guess you shoud
speak up for now?!

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena
MEATH (adj.)
Warm and very slightly clammy. Descriptive of the texture of your
hands after the automatic drying machine has turned itself off, just
damp enough to make it embarrassing if you have to shake hands with
someone immediately afterwards.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff