[tex-live] new tl images 20070128 ... please test urgently

poti giannakouros potiatpotisdotorg at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 23:02:30 CET 2007

I spoke to one of the administrators today, and he showed me that
my TMP variable was set correctly. I would thus have to consider
this a bug in tlpmlgui.

The problem was fixed by deleting TEMP, which pointed to the same directory as TMP. I am not sure if the installation would eventually complete despite the error. If this information does not help someone who knows the inner working of tlpmgui find the cause of the problem, I will try to add more information at the end of the week.

poti giannakouros <potiatpotisdotorg at yahoo.com> wrote: Run from DVD appears to work on Windows XP after I set
the variable TMP to %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp.

I had that user settable variable pointing to a directory that did not
exist on some of the computers to which I logged in. The error message,
reasonably enough, was
"no such file or directory"

However, simply creating that directory was not enough to avoid the error.
Deleting the TMP variable caused the DVD to silently fail to open. In all cases,
tlmpgui became unresponsive and the installation apparently did not complete.

Editing the variable suggested the default (perhaps the expected Windows
place for tmp?), which worked.

If this is in the documentation, I am sorry that I could not find it. If it
had not occurred to people that someone on Windows might break this,
I hope this report helps.

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote: Hi all!

Before Karl left he mentioned three updates which would be nice (in
decreasing importance), or better which should be included:
- tlpmgui
- hyperref
- ntheorem

I have done the following:
- checked in the three changes
- rebuild the whole tl stuff (rebuild_tl, ie tpm files, lists, ls-R)
- made new images

So, new images are now available at the usual place, i.e. these file:
 texlivetest2007-inst-20070128.iso
 texlivetest2007-inst-20070128.iso.md5
 texlivetest2007-live-20070128.iso
 texlivetest2007-live-20070128.iso.bz2
 texlivetest2007-live-20070128.iso.bz2.md5
 texlivetest2007-live-20070128.iso.md5

BIG NOTE BIG NOTE BIG NOTE:
I HAVE NOT(!!!!) updated the links
 texlivetest-inst.iso@
 texlivetest-inst.iso.md5@
 texlivetest-live.iso@
 texlivetest-live.iso.bz2@
 texlivetest-live.iso.bz2.md5@
  texlivetest-live.iso.md5@
asI consider myself NOT enough authorized to do the whole stuff, this is
up to Karl.

Anyway, PLEASE TEST ... there have been no big changes, but the update
of the tlpmgui stuff hoefully fix the problems we have seen recently on
the list.

I will be offline starting from a few hours, and more or less till
Wednesday noon CET. It might be that I have an Internet connection, but
this is not guaranteed!

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining
                    Università di Siena
Debian Developer
                         Debian TeX Group
DAMNAGLAUR (n.)
A certain facial expression which actors are required  to demonstrate
their mastery of before they are allowed to play MacBeth.
   --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff