[tex-live] texmf-dist/doc/xelatex/xltxtra/xltxtra.pdf

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 18:01:15 CET 2007

On 1/20/07, Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 09:31:39PM +0100, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
>

> > But I will upload fixed versions next days
>
> No need, the pdf files are correct, it is a bug of ghostscript.

Unfortunately, many of the TL target audience will have difficulty
avoiding buggy versions of gs.  Many *n*x users are strongly
encouraged to stick with the gs version their vendor provides (linux
users often get ESP ghostscript with CUPS).  Even if a user installs a
new gs, the print system may rely on the older version, which
sometimes has device support not included in default compiles or in
GPL versions.

I plan to check for this bug on the systems at work and file bugs with
the vendors.

It is better if TL provides pdf doc's that work with widely used
ghostscript versions, although the main doc should recommend  a
version that does not have the bug.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia