[tex-live] texmf-dist/doc/xelatex/xltxtra/xltxtra.pdf

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 19 21:31:39 CET 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 07:00:59PM +0000, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:

> Here are the files that ps2pdf had problems with.

Many thanks for testing.

> texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/attachfile2.pdf
> texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/bmpsize.pdf
> texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/inputenx.pdf
> texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/kvoptions.pdf
> texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/zref.pdf

> === texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/attachfile2.pdf ====
>    **** Warning:  File has an invalid xref entry:  1267.  Rebuilding xref table.

As last step I used Multivalent to compress the files (PDF-1.5):
  java -cp Multivalent20060102.jar too.pdf.Compress foobar.pdf
The version before this step is ok, thus Multivalent seems to
be the culprit. However, if Multivalent is used with option -old,
then the files are written in PDF-1.4 and are ok.

As quick fix the files can be replaced by the CTAN versions:
  CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek/attachfile2.pdf

But I will upload fixed versions next days (when I will have a
better bandwidth than the current modem connection).

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>