[tex-live] Test tlpm at Win32

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Fri Jan 19 18:44:23 CET 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 gnwiii at gmail.com wrote:

> On 1/19/07, Dirk Ullrich <dirk.ullrich at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have installed a current TH2007 image (20070119) at Win XP SP2 using
> > tlpm.  Their some bug (or, maybe, features) I find annoying:

You mean rather tlpmgui (not tlpm command line tool which works
as "engine"), right?

> > 1) Perl will be unconditionally installed. At my system Activestate
> > Perl isinstalled, its bin dir is in %PATH% and %PERL%LIB% is correctly
> > set. Thus I don _not_ need another Perl installation. I must confess
> > that I've found the old tlpm behavior--asking whether Perl should
> > installed--more comfortable.

Perl *is* installed only on demand. You will be asked to install it or
not, just click "no" if you have Perl already installed.

> I just moved perl.exe and perl58.dll to a directory not on the path
> ("...\win32\bad")
> and so far things (context scripts -- if any still use perl -- and
> epstopdf, pdfcrop) have been working with AS perl.

Thanks for testing. George, would you please try also tlpmgui on linux?

Kind regards,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl