[tex-live] Bad .cfg files in TeX source tree?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 18:35:02 CET 2007

2007/1/19, Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 05:16:01PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>
> > On the other hand, this sounds like it could require
> > mucking with \everyshi or similar, and that might not be the nicest
> > idea.
>
> LaTeX doesn't provide an interface here, I am hoping for LaTeX 3.

LaTeX provides \paperheight and \paperwidth but they are not used for
actual setting of paper dimensions unless some package does it. As I
heard from a lecture at TUG 2006 meeting in Marakesh, LaTeX3 has
interface for such things but I have not read the documentation yet.

> > Another possibility would be if pdfTeX would emit the respective
> > PostScript specials on its own in DVI mode when doing a \shipout and
> > \pdfpagewidth/\pdfpageheight have changed.
>
> Unhappily we don't have a standard special for this. Not even
> the \specials for emitting PostScript follow the same syntax:

That's what I know...

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/