[tex-live] Bad .cfg files in TeX source tree?

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 19 18:12:41 CET 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 05:16:01PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:

> On the other hand, this sounds like it could require
> mucking with \everyshi or similar, and that might not be the nicest
> idea.

LaTeX doesn't provide an interface here, I am hoping for LaTeX 3.

> Another possibility would be if pdfTeX would emit the respective
> PostScript specials on its own in DVI mode when doing a \shipout and
> \pdfpagewidth/\pdfpageheight have changed.

Unhappily we don't have a standard special for this. Not even
the \specials for emitting PostScript follow the same syntax:
$ grep literalps at out hyperref.dtx
[...]
\def\literalps at out#1{\special{ps:SDict begin #1 end}}%
\def\literalps at out#1{\special{pS:#1}}%
[...]
\def\literalps at out#1{\special{ps:#1}}%
\def\literalps at out#1{\special{pdf: #1}}%

And there are DVI drivers that don't understand PostScript.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>