[tex-live] time for another binary build?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jan 18 01:03:33 CET 2007

  > Well, I suppose it's important for users who want access to
  > particular OpenType features in certain fonts (depending how the
  > fonts are constructed)... for example, in some of Adobe's new
  > "Pro" fonts, v0.996 can't access the Oldstyle Numerals feature
  > independently of Small Caps, while the update handles this
  > correctly.

Hmm, I think that most people want to select OSF and SC separately.

I don't know how fast new binaries for all platforms can be provided.
At least, I can provide binaries for x86_64-linux quite fast because
everything I have to do is in bash's history.

It's up to Karl to make a decision.

Someone on this list feared that a new update can lead to further
delays.  But as far as I remember all compilation problems in the past
had been caused by external libraries but not by XeTeX itself.

In my opinion it is worthwhile to include the new release.  It is even
worthwhile if the fix will not be available on some platforms.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25