[tex-live] Win32 Testing reports

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Tue Jan 16 23:33:42 CET 2007

Reihard:
> Two versions are not a problem at all, given that the entries of the
> new version are either prepended or appended to PATH *and* PERL5LIB.

imo installer should never install two versions of perl

> There had been a bug in TL2005.  The binary search path had been at
> the beginning of PATH and the library search path had been at the end
> of PERL5LIB (or vice versa, I don't remember the details).
> This cannot work.  Pawel wanted to fix it.  Maybe something went
> wrong, though.

(? I don't remember such thing at all; my cmdline utility do not touch
env vars.)

The problem is evidently missing pm. Hopefully there is no more such
gaps, but there is always such risk while stripping CPAN making custom,
tiny perl distro .)
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl