[tex-live] texmf/fmtutil

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Sun Jan 14 05:42:23 CET 2007

Hi,

> As for win32, we do not have hacked fmtutil, so even we have in texmf.cnf
> TEXFORMATS = .;$TEXMF/web2c/{#engine,}
> all formats are still stored in just web2c/

As I stated before, fmtutil.exe in W32TeX saves format
files in engine subdirs. However, there are no commands:

--refresh
--enablefmt formatname
--disablefmt formatname
--listcfg
--catcfg
--edit

and there is no option:
--no-engine-subdir

I think they are not essential on windows.

Added option:
--engine texengine              (specify texengine)

If you allow the above defects, you can use fmtutil.exe in W32TeX.
In W32TeX, the texmf-tree for formats is $TEXMFMAIN.
I think I can change it if you tell me where it should be.

PS: I like
TEXFORMATS = .;$TEXMF/web2c{/$engine,}

Thanks,
Akira