[tex-live] proto10.map and xdvipdfmx in revision 2381

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Fri Jan 5 09:14:49 CET 2007

>     Within TeXLive, ttf2pk's `configure.ac' should be removed.
>
> I removed it, but how discouraging.

Why?

> "Sometime" I hope we can get the necessary configure/make changes
> into the original distribution.

Well, since ttf2pk is originally part of the FreeType 1 bundle, it
doesn't need at all a check for FreeType 1!  I absolutely don't see
any necessity to `improve' configure.ac -- it correctly checks for
kpathsea.

For TeXLive you need exactly the opposite, this is, testing for
FreeType 1 and automatic inclusion of kpathsea.

I think it's fair to have a separate configure.in for TeXLive.

    Werner