[tex-live] hosting inst image

Philip & Le Khanh Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org
Wed Feb 28 09:07:49 CET 2007

Karl Berry wrote:

 > BitTorrent seems more promising, but I have no real knowledge of it and
 > no way to set it up.  When I tried at one point, I ran into many of the
 > same issues Rainer did.

Refraining from any reference to O/S wars, I have no
problem using BT under Windows :-)))  I'll try to
locate information on installing a BT Tracker shortly.

 > I've asked for bittorrent volunteers on TL web pages for a couple of
 > years now.  Some time ago, one person set it up
 > (http://tug.org/texlive/acquire.html),

That was using an external tracker; I am convinced we need
one of our own.

** P.