[tex-live] Conflicting binary/format names: platex is polish and japanese

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 14:46:58 CET 2007

While PLaTeX certainly makes sense for a polish latex, I can't see how
is it a must-be-named-that-way for a Japanese language TeX-related
project.
>From what I see, the name of the project is Publishing TeX. Abreviated
as publtex (or something else, I just made that up because apparently
ptex, putex and pubtex are already used), it would still be OK.
Perhaps we should ask just them to rename their format?

--
Vedran Miletić
Student at Math Department, University of Rijeka