[tex-live] Kpathsea in TL2007

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sun Feb 18 18:45:54 CET 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 12:20:08PM +0000, Philip & Le Khanh wrote:
>
> > it is as insane (IMHO) as the Windows default behaviour of /hiding/
> > file extensions.
>
> Agreed, this is one of the first things I change if I have to work on
> a windows system.

slightly off-topic, but even the LaTeX community is actively promoting
the not-mentioning of file name extensions, e. g. in \includegraphics{},
just look into the Niedermair book. This policy looks ridiculous imho.
Just showing off that these things work out automagically? I'd say it's
much better to always state the extension to specify _exactly_ what
graphics type is wanted (e. g. you know after years, what file was to be
included). Why shouldn't one write foo.png if one wants foo.png?

Regards, Hartmut