[tex-live] tlpmgui on vista

Tomasz Łuczak tlu at technodat.com.pl
Fri Feb 9 13:12:27 CET 2007

"Jjgod Jiang" wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
>
> 2007/2/9, Tomasz Łuczak :
>> I and tlpmgui team expect tests by TeX community, but not two days
>> before sending image to production.
>
> Please don't panic. ;)
I don't panic, tlpmgui works enough good second year.

> We are not asking that much, just a small fix.
> Let's see the source code:
> [my code in Tcl]
> First of all, I think this code can be simplified to:
>
> [better code]
many thanks!

> Secondly, I think using [pwd] as fallback directory is not that useful,
> since most of us are running tlpmgui from CD/DVD (Image), which
> is, of cource, not writable. I suggest using something like C:\Temp
> (or even a new directory named by timestamp, to avoid conflicts).
>
> Any comments?
I plan add dialog for select or create temp directory for installation of
TL or use TLroot/temp, but I hadn't enough free time for adopt those ideas.

Are you interested in help in develop of tlpmgui?

Best regards
Tomek

  Tomasz Łuczak

 TECHNODAT Sp. z o.o.            tel +48 32 2382337
 ul. Kościuszki 1c               tel +48 32 3314484
 44-100 Gliwice, PL              mob +48 602 524713
 http://www.technodat.com.pl     http://www.elcad.pl
 Sąd Rejonowy w Gliwicach        NIP PL 6312298171
 KRS 0000138794                  REGON 276985944