[tex-live] tlpmgui on vista

Tomasz Łuczak tlu at technodat.com.pl
Fri Feb 9 09:39:44 CET 2007

here is my TEMP environment:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

C:\Documents and Settings\王越>set TEMP
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\王越\LOCALS~1\Temp
Yule Wang wrote:

> well, we can have a test like this:
>
> maybe in the english version of windows xp, you need to set the language
-->
> advance and choose chinese(simplified chinese ) there and have a reboot,
i am
>n ot sure, however, maybe it is not necessary.

> control panel-> users and group -> add a new user -> copy and paste the
name "王
> 越" there -> set a password whatever you like or just leave it empty.

> then logout your own username and login that username in chinese, double
click
> tlpmgui and the error message will occur.
you renamed only name in Windows, but your home directory contains still
chinese characters. Windows joke :-)
tlpmgui 1.75 report before starts about problem with TEMP. In my opinion
it's better way than during installation.

You have to set TEMP environment variables to e.g C:\TEMP.
IMHO ideas private Temp in path "C:\Documents & settings\user name\local
settings\sra ta ta\Temp" is stupid.

Regards
Tomek

  Tomasz £uczak

 TECHNODAT Sp. z o.o.            tel +48 32 2382337
 ul. Ko¶ciuszki 1c               tel +48 32 3314484
 44-100 Gliwice, PL              mob +48 602 524713
 http://www.technodat.com.pl     http://www.elcad.pl