[tex-live] TeXLive2007.02.04 and Windows Vista

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Feb 9 00:24:55 CET 2007

On 8 Feb 2007, at 10:55 pm, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Don, 08 Feb 2007, Juergen Fenn wrote:
>> Well, I suggest to wait a little while until TL could be tested on
>> Vista. No Windows computer you buy after the release of TL2007
>> will be
>
> Too late. The images are going gold in 2 days. Not enough time to
> think
> about this now, not to speak about fixing programs etc.
>
> We can make new versions available on the web for win32.

I'd guess that the actual TeX(-related) programs and the texmf tree
(s) are likely to be fine on Vista; if there are problems, they're
likely to be with the installation procedures/programs.

If this turns out to be right (I don't have a Vista system to
experiment with), then it should be possible to build a small
installer (e.g, an updated tlpmgui) and offer as a standalone
download, so that people can set up TL from the standard TL2007 disks
(or images) without having to re-download a whole mass of stuff.

JK