[tex-live] TeXLive2007.02.04 and Windows Vista

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Feb 8 23:55:17 CET 2007

On Don, 08 Feb 2007, Juergen Fenn wrote:
> Well, I suggest to wait a little while until TL could be tested on
> Vista. No Windows computer you buy after the release of TL2007 will be

Too late. The images are going gold in 2 days. Not enough time to think
about this now, not to speak about fixing programs etc.

We can make new versions available on the web for win32.

> yesterday, and I expect it to become available to most Windows users

Well who is that stupid to upgrade in the first half year after the
release and want's to play extended beta tester for Windows will
probably have a problem. Those decent person which will wait until the
public beta phase of Vista (ie the first year of public perusal) is
finished before even thinking about switching ...

I remember that I switched to XP 2 years after release ...

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena