[tex-live] (no subject)

Tomasz Łuczak tlu at technodat.com.pl
Tue Feb 6 13:28:15 CET 2007

Dirk wrote:

>I have rpeated the test described below with the recent version 1.73
>of tlpmgui. I will add my results as comment to my original post.

>2007/2/5, Dirk Ullrich <dirk.ullrich at googlemail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tested TL 20070204 installation at a Win32 (WinXP SP2) box
>> using tlpmgui version 1,72 included.
>Same setting, but using tlpmgui version 1.73.
Try new 1.74 from ftp://ftp.gust.org.pl/pub/Projekty/tlpmgui/

>> I works well (especially the "--install-mode" option!) but I have
>> noted some glitches, too:
>> (1)
>> The Perl collection was installed although I did explicitly uncheck
>> its entry during customizing the installation. During installation I
>> were never asked concerning the Perl installation. There is a Perl
>> alread on the box (ActiveState Perl) with its bin dir included in
>> %PATH%. I have noticed this behavior in a former tlpmgui version, but
>> in the meantime the problem vanished. Now I have it back--time seems
>> indeed running in a loop :-).
> Unchecking the Perl collection will still be ignored. (Why? Is Perl
> quietly scheduled for installation for some dependency reasons? I have
> checked all collections but Perl and any documentation other than
> base, English and German.)
> At first glance things then turns to the better: My Perl installation
> is correctly detected and I am being asked whether I really want to
> install Perl. But sadly a "No" answer to this question is ignored,
> too: After install process is finished Perl is installed again despite
> my "No" :-(.
You are right, I improved this ugly bug in 1.74

>> (3)
>> Finally a nice-to-have: I would like to being able to customize some
>> more install options by tlpmgui under Win32. Would it be, for
>> instance, possible to make TL's start menu folder customizable?
> Ditto.
Run tlpmgui with --debug parameter or press F4, then you will be able to
reprogram tlpmgui via console -- full control in your hands. Console works
only in Windows.

Thanks for test

Regards
Tomek

  Tomasz Łuczak

 TECHNODAT Sp. z o.o.            tel +48 32 2382337
 ul. Kościuszki 1c               tel +48 32 3314484
 44-100 Gliwice, PL              mob +48 602 524713
 http://www.technodat.com.pl     http://www.elcad.pl