[tex-live] [tlpmgui] tlpmgui starts in the wrong mode under Win32

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Feb 2 20:13:15 CET 2007

Phil -- if you want to put the binaries in directory x and the texmf
trees in directory y, feel free to do so, and adjust your texmf.cnf
accordingly.

I have always thought this sort of thing would be useful to support in
the installer (not to mention lots of other things), although
implementing it is not exactly trivial, nor anywhere near the top of my
list.  (Not that changing the Unix installer will help you anyway, I
gather.)

However, the default installation of everything in one tree is not going
to change, as long as I have anything to say about it.  I understand
that you think it's bogus, but nevertheless it is a very useful
arrangement for lots of other people, including me :).  Sorry.

Best,
Karl