[tex-live] catalogue files seams to be not synchronized with packages

Markus Kohm markus.kohm at gmx.de
Thu Feb 1 12:53:48 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2007 11:30 schrieb Robin Fairbairns:
> aiui, you were complaining that we don't have k-s 2.96

No. That doesn't matter. But the very old catalogue files at TeX-Live does.

> which catalogue are we talking about, now?

As I told at my first posting, I've done

        rsync -avz --exclude=.svn tug.org::tldevsrc .

to get the current TeX-Live. After this there is a directory
Master/texmf-doc/doc/english/catalogue with a copy of The TeX Catalgue. I
found: it is a very old copy of The TeX Catalogue (more than one year old).
It does not correspond with the packages (or the version of the packages)
e.g. at Master/texmf-dist/ of TeX-Live and it is much older than The TeX
Catalogue at sarovar or CTAN, too.

So either:

- "rsync -avz --exclude=.svn tug.org::tldevsrc ." does not result in a current
TeX-Live

or

- the copy of The TeX Catalogue at TeX-Live is very old and should IMHO be
updated (either to a version that corresponds with the packages of TeX-Live
or the the newest version) or removed

That version and license information is empty at a lot of tpm files is another
problem, that doesn't matter for the release of TeX-Live.

I know my english is not very helpfull for clarifing the problem, so maybe I
should never start to talk about ...

Markus