[tex-live] ifxetex package missing from collection-xetex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Feb 1 00:52:17 CET 2007

  > I'm not sure it's a good idea to mix versions; if binaries won't
  > be rebuilt for all 15 platforms, maybe it is better to keep them
  > as-is.  Consistency is worth something.

In my opinion TeXLive's selling point is that it behaves similar on
all platforms.  But on the other hand, if there are known bugs in some
libraries which had been fixed already, I do not see any good reason
why broken stuff should be put on a CD.  The question is:

    Does the new version only provide bugfixes or does it provide new
    features (which can introduce additional bugs)?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25