[tex-live] Pscryrliic Fonts for TeXLive

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Aug 23 18:40:24 CEST 2007

Edd Barrett writes:

 > (Added a !!$TEXMFHOME), also fixes my simple example, but will not
 > find pscyr fonts .

Adding "!!" here is not a good idea, there is a very good reason why
the default settings are as they are.

The "!!" in front of TEXMFHOME and TEXMFVAR had been removed
deliberately because it was a source of confusion.

Do you have an ls-R file in TEXMFHOME?  Probably not (unless you added
TEXMFHOME to TEXMFDBS).  If my assumption is true then there is
probably a file in TEXMFHOME which cannot be found any more.  And if
things work better now, this file is probably broken.

I do not recommend to change too many variables in texmf.cnf.  The
standard setup should work.

The kpathsea manual (texmf/doc/info/kpathsea.info) describes some
debugging variables you can set (section 2.6.3).

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25